Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Still Here!


My life has been in a bit of a whirlwind since arriving home from our trip to the west.
We went a lot further West than I had anticipated we would, and all in all we travelled some 10,000 kilometres.
Seeing the Indian Ocean for the first time was awesome ,and I must say I am a little bit in love with the State of Western Australia and can’t wait to go back for another visit.  There were many, many photos taken and I will attempt to show little bits here and there as time permits.  Many contrasts of landscapes.
Indian Ocean
The magnificent Indian Ocean in Broome
Simpson Desert dunes
Red sand hills in the Simpson Desert.
Since coming home I have had the Toowoomba Quilters Club Quilt Show to attend, a trip to the delightful town of Childers to catch up with a cousin, and a quick fling to Brisbane with my adorable sister to see “Jersey Boys”.
PA031054PA041056
                                                             My sister looking out from our Brisbane hotel room
PA041057PA041058PA041059
Sights of Brisbane (The jacarandas are out in bloom and looking bloomin’ wonderful).
P.S. I had a terrible cough and flu for the trip to Childers and Brisbane and only just recovering after almost 2 weeks!!!
The quilt show was brilliant this year. It just seems to get better and better and the new venue is working out very well.  It is such a fun week being able to just hang with my quilting mates and catch up on all the new and exciting things they have been doing.  Also good to finally catch up with my dear friend Shirley again (who by all accounts missed me a bit). 
Not much sewing done but this weekend is our annual quilt retreat so I am hoping to get a bit done there.
BLOGSPOT – I notice Australian blogspot blogs have had the au added onto the end of their addresses.
I haven’t seen any notification from Blogger about this.  ????

8 comments:

margaret said...

so good tom have you back, not only Shirley missed you. Hope you are going to share some photos of the quilt show with us.
The ocean looks very welcoming, how I would love to dip my toe in it!

Sue said...

Enjoy the retreat!

Stitching Lady said...

Wow, (silly word - but I must say it) lovely, wonderful, those few impressions of West Australia. This sky absolutely wonderful. I am glad you are back, safe and again in good health. Oh you and I : I am also going to our yearly patchwork retreat just this weekend - I packed all afternoon. Decisions have to be made what to take. ....and also the food - which is usually abundant and has to be taken back again, hahaha.
Your friend Anneliese

shirley said...

missed you lots and lots and lots....and...and..
Did you tell Kev you do NOT...I repeat NOT have permission to move to WA no matter how much you love it...I will track you down and follow you.
Great pic of the Indian ocean the water really is that colour. The colour of the sand dunes reminds me of why I like painting the outback scenes.
Good to have you back and hope you are well soon.

Radka said...

Nice to see pictures of your travels. My son worked in Broome for a while while travelling around Australia.
By the way, you might reconsider having your "word verification" turned on, there has been quite a discussion on blogs about it recently, because it is so hard to read sometimes. Some people don't comment on blogs with word verification any more, because it is such a pain.
Enjoy your quilting week!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Welcome back DI. I have missed you too. Your photos look fantastic. I look forward to seeing more. I hope you enjoyed your retreat. Hugs judy

Jen said...

Hello Di, nice to see you on here again.
Your photos of Broome are lovely, It is the colours over there.
The Crazy patch with the roses and oyster stitch is pretty and clever too. I also turned the "word verification" off.

Julie said...

Welcome Home! It looks like you have had a wonderful trip/trips, I look forward to seeing more photos as you get time to post them.