Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ethnic or Olympic?

I did this piece for the basque stitch (TAST) last week and as I look at it today, (after watching the Olympic Games Opening ceremony)  I can see I have used most of the Olympic ring colours.  Purely coincidental.  I have called it ‘Ethnic Blouse’.  Basque stitch was fun to do and is now a favourite. 
You can see more inspiration on basque stitch over on Pintangle .

Wk 29 Basque Stitch
I just wanted to do something a little bit different this time and not use the usual inspiration – nature.
Now for a Nana story – My grand daughter and her mummy were playing games before bedtime and  were both giggling, when GD, Lilian, ( 3 1/2 years)  stopped and looked at her mummy and said
“Mummy, you are the right Mummy for me”.  Isn’t that just the cutest??
Red heart

5 comments:

Suztats said...

Love that Nana story!
Nice basque stitch design, Di.

Stitching Lady said...

Your dusty friend thinks that this is a fun design smile!

shirley said...

I always admire what you do with your Tast stitches Di, but this is one of my very favourites.

Kathy said...

Beautiful stitching! I also enjoyed this stitch.

Linda said...

Lovely sample for basque stitch Dianne. It's even lovelier to hear little Lillian's words, such a darling!! Take care.