Saturday, April 28, 2012

Playing

Wednesday was a play day.  It was ANZAC day and a public holiday here.  As our daughter was working at the race track we had the wonderful opportunity of spending most of the day with our adorable grand daughter, Lilian.
Before Lilian arrived I was painting and stamping fabrics.
Yellow Orange painted fabric   Red Purple painted fabric
It was just calico fabric which I wet and crumpled then painted with acrylic paint while wet. (The colours look ugly here, but really, some of them were quite pretty.
After it dried I got the moulding stamp out to do some stamping – also with acrylic paint mixed with fabric medium.
basket for printingbasket weave stamping
The basket weaving stamping
Potato masher fabricPotato masher printPotato masher print inked
Potato masher stamping. 
Stamp back to normal
After re-heating, the stamp comes back to normal.  I used the toaster to heat and re-heat my stamp.
All in all it worked out okay but the stamp has to be very indented so as the relief parts stamp well.
Lessons were learned.
Lili Painting
Then it was Lilian’s turn to paint. 
Lili on the bench
Then we did some bare foot cooking. Pumpkin scones. 

3 comments:

shirley said...

Lily reminds me of my girls when they were little and used to love helping in the kitchen particularly if there was messy stuff involved. She is just gorgeous.
I love your dyed and stamped fabrics they are going to make terrific backgrounds.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Di, It looks like both you and Lily had a wonderful and creative day together. Hugs Judy

Linda said...

Love your painting/stamping Di. I'm yet to try my blocks, time is not on my side.

Your little Lily is so gorgeous. I can see she just loves being around Nan.