Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Night

Fortunately I had an opportunity to sit in front of the tele Sunday afternoon and finish off my detached chain piece for this week’s TAST.  Anne of Green Gables (the sequel) was on all afternoon and I just love that movie.  The scenery is just gorgeous.  Dreaming now of one day visiting Prince Edward Island.  Dreaming……………..
The inspiration for this week’s piece came from a very old (won’t say how old) doily I embroidered when I was about 11 years old.  The ‘lazy daisy’ stitch was done in six strands and when I finally learned how to do fine crochet at about 30 years old I put the edging on it (very badly…but my fine crochet did improve!!!)  I use it from time to time on my dressing table.
Vintage doily
Here is this weeks piece which I have dubbed “Bloom, Butterfly & Bird”.  It is entirely stitched in detached chain stitch.  (Quite a challenge).
Wk 7 Detached Chain
Drop into Sharon Boggon’s blog, Pintangle, HERE and see what other people have done with this lovely stitch.’
I just love doing lazy daisy  Red heart

9 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Di, wow I really love your detached chain stitch. The color you used on your flower is bright and cheery but I truly adore the wee chicken. Great job. Hugs Judy

Suztats said...

This is wonderful, Di! I love it!

Linda said...

Your little sample this week is just gorgeous Dianne, as is the 'old' one. Thank you for sharing such a treasure. You are really embracing the TAST and being so very creative with it. I always wait eagerly for your efforts for the week. Haven't touched mine yet, and Tuesday is tomorrow!!

shirley said...

Your little samplers are very creative, and I too look forward to seeing them each week. Great work on this one. I love the colours, and the sampler you did when you were young is excellent work. A great treasure to have.

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful work!

Radka said...

It is so pretty, Dianne :) Well done.

Jen said...

Hello Di ,You are doing lovely samples to show for the TAST stitching.The flower and bird look beautiful in the laisy daisy/ detached chain stitch. I can see where it is a challenge.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Di,
Sorry I have been absent from your blog but here I am now! :)
Wow your stitching is lovely! Love the Flower and Bird! That bird is so lovely!
Keep well and hugs

magicmoonmusings said...

I love how dimensional those stitches look, this is beautiful!

I'm having fun looking through your other posts. Your stitching is gorgeous!