Sunday, May 22, 2011

Zentangle is fun!

We have an Art Quilt group attached to our Quilt Guild.  It is only a small group but we have some very talented ladies amongst us.
Chris showed us zentangle on Saturday, and it was so much fun.  Easier than I thought.Zentangle goods Chris
Here are some of the things Chris had to show us.  Love those shoes!!
Zentangle quilter Chris
Chris with a zentangle quilt piece she has started.
I got a 3 inch square done and started on a book mark.
Zentangle bookmarkZentangle bookmark close up
You start with a pencil line ‘string’ and then just start doodling.
First Zentangle piece(My first piece)
Oh dear, looks like another thing to get hooked on!!! 
There will be more zentangles done around here for sure.

8 comments:

shirley said...

Di your zentangle is amazing this is certainly another thing to get zapped into doing. you will need another small art book to take in the car with you that you can while away the hours with.

perhaps you can create zentangles from what you see in the australian landscape.

Anonymous said...

Zentangles are Great Fun!!I LOVE doing them.
You've made a terrific start!

Annet said...

Wow, your very first zentangle is great! You used patterns I struggled with the first time I tried them.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Di,

The things that Chris created with Zentangles are beautiful!
You did a fantastic job on your FIRST Zentangle! Congrats :)
Fun things are addicting. :)
Hope you create more of them.
Hugs

Teresa said...

You never cease to amaze me Di... This is fantastic.. I think I have to look further into this. I just love what you've created and I do love Chris shoes!!! Great, inspirational post.. thanks xx

Marilyn said...

Di, this looks amazing. Love what you have done in your first efforts. And wow - those shoes !!!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello DI, I have Never Heard of Zentangles. A most interesting technique. I love those shoes too. Hugs Judy

Linda said...

I'm constantly amazed at the Zentangles that are being created, and your pieces are no exception Di, they are gorgeous. And to think, I've been making Zentangles forever whilst talking on the phone........LOL..... I just lack the motivation to do it properly!! Good luck with them and can't wait to see more. LOVE THOSE SHOES.