Monday, November 1, 2010

Sights and Smells of Summer















Summer is fast approaching and some of these sights and smells are filling my senses.  This beautiful peach coloured rose which usually buds about 4 to the stem.  Looks and smells wonderful.














One of our magnificent star jasmine creepers.  This smell always reminds me that the Melbourne Cup is just around the corner.  It also evokes memories of when our children were small as we had it growing over our balcony in our very first house.

 











This is where it grows and my silly husband who had to get in on the photo.


This is where I depicted the star jasmine at our first home on my crazy quilt entitled "My Crazy Life - So Far".


The seasons first peaches and nectarines.  They are on the kitchen bench and the aroma is filling the kitchen.  Mmmmmm.

 
Around the garden.  The recent rain has done much to improve the floral show this year.  Our bottle brush bushes are absolutely full of blossoms this year and we love the way they attract the birds.

Summer - bring it on.

2 comments:

shirley said...

Your garden is looking really colourful. Do you have the red finches in the trees with red blossoms.

You will have to post a pic of your love apricot rose.

Dianne said...

I don't know why I am having so much trouble with blogger lately and posting photos. They are there when I check after posting, and then mysteriously disappear later Grrrrrr.