Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Treasures and Odds and Ends


My friend, Joan, (no blog) read about my found objects and gifted me some of hers.  She is a very sweet friend.  Don't you just love that art deco piece?  It is half of a buckle.  The gorgeous button is from one of her old scottish tartan garments and the little dogs are from one of her late father's whisky bottles.  Found objects with a story - cool.  Thanks Joan.





Joan also gave me these gorgeous glass buttons a couple of years back. That light blue one is one of my favourite buttons in my collection.  She presented them to me in this lovely box and I still keep them in there and look at them every so often.  I know she will want me to use them on a project one day, but at the moment they are just treasured.
 



Magazines in the bathroom?  They are in the bathroom waiting to go back into my sewing space after new carpet was laid.  Yes these are just a small fraction of magazines I have.  I know it is time for a big cull of them, but I flick through them, see something that, well, maybe I will make one day (ha, ha) and then I don't throw it!!  What a tragic.  All those coloured tags?  Yep, they are marking projects I will make one day.  Maybe I need one of those professional de-clutter consultants to come in and help me.

4 comments:

shirley said...

Di, at least you are methodical with your marking tags...

shirley said...

Now I can see your photos.

Your glass button collection is great and the new additions of bits and bobs contains really useful things. What a lovely friend.

shirley said...

here I am we will fix this yet or out comes the axe

Linda said...

What a lovely collection of 'odds and ends'. I like things like that too Dianne, don't always have the space to keep them, but it's lovely to see others doing the same thing.