Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cookery on a Rainy Day

 

Coconut Fancies
Can anyone tell me how to successfully type around pictures in blogger?  It is driving me nuts!!   I eventually do it with a lot of fiddling about.

We have had the most beautiful steady rain.  What better pursuit on a rainy weekend than some home cookery.  The coconut fancies are from this book by Lady Flo Bjelke-Petersen.  Flo was married to a former Premier of Queensland, Joh and she was once a Senator.  Don't know about her politics, but her recipes are simple, good old fashioned food.

 We had a whole stack of cherry tomatoes which we were never going to eat, so we made some tomato relish from Flo's book as well.
It is delicious with cold meat on sandwiches and with cheese.

  Some of the cherry tomatoes never went really red, so we think they may have been a different type.  Thus, the relish isn't red but a sort of orange colour.  Makes no difference to the taste.  Yum.


  

Tomato Relish

4 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

Must be the day for making tomato Relish...I also made some but have yet to bottle it!
Lisa

shirley said...

aren't you a clever litle vegemite. Love tomato relish and the bikkies look tasty..did you put lemon icing on them or leave them plain.

shirley said...

I found a thing called pages and have added through the tutorial of that page shabby blog that we got my backgrounds off now i cant find her...doh!

I have called the first one my treasures, It is really easy.

Stitching Lady said...

Everybody is talking about your tomatoes and eating - but who is commiserating with you about the "reno"vating? You have all my fellow feeling on your side. I know what it means............
Your new follower