Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Trip to the Country

On Sunday I took off for a trip to the country to catch up with an old (I mean long time) crafty friend, Shirley.  We have known each other for some 18 years now and we love to get together and bounce ideas off each other.  She looked after me well.  
This is how Shirley's studio looked when I arrived

 and this is how it was after about half an hour. 

We did have some fun.  Shirley was showing me how to do some silk ribbon embroidery.  I love it - and look forward to doing a lot more of it on my crazy blocks.  This is the on-going project of the CQ which I have been working on for about 5 years.  I am determined to get it finished this year.  Check out some of the blocks here.  I will post some more finished ones, and explanations soon - I promise.

Here is a little sampler of silk ribbon stitches Shirley gave me to look at while I experimented.  Love doing the roses.





 Go over and check out Shirleys new blog.  She does the most exquisite embroidery.  Her underwater scenes have to be seen to be believed.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun Di!! So good you got to spend time with your friend. The embroidered flower sampler is gorgeous.. are you going to make one too?