Thursday, July 30, 2009

Return to Card Making


Posted by Picasa

Somewhere?? I had seen someone playing around with making cards etc. from old patterns, so I dragged out the card-making supplies and did this one up for a friend's birthday. The edges were not meant to be so tatty but I tried to cut them with the fancy scissors before the glue was dry. (I was in a bit of a hurry with this one). But I kinda like the look. I aged around the edge with a bit of burnt umber acrylic paint watered down. It was a very rushed effort as it was done just before she was calling in to see me for coffee and lunch. Next time I will take a bit more time.
She loved it.

I had forgotten how much fun it was to make cards and hope to do more of it. The only ones I have been doing lately are the little selvedge gift cards and I hope to continue to do more of those.

1 comment:

Val - Apple Cottage said...

Dianne, I LOVE that card and I love it even more with the tatty edges. You have a very lucky friend.